Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Xi'an Day 4

We saved the best for last!  We spent the whole morning at the terracotta warriors and it was absolute Amazing!  Check that off the list of things to see.  Again, my apologies for the mass amounts of photos I have posted but I thought they were soooo cool.  Enjoy!
Big statue in the parking lot

Paparazzi again, how could I not take a picture of a dude in a hawaiin shirt????
I'm excited to go inside!
Group shot
These were used during the Olympics (or so I read).  We totally forced these two nice guys into the picture with us
Pit 2

They are still in the process of excavating most of Pit 2
Close up

Outside Pit 3
Pit 3 is the smallest of the pits and is called the commanding center.

No heads and hollow bodies
Pit 1- the largest of the pits.  So far 2,000 soldiers have been discovered and they think there about about 4,000 more that still need to be dug up
Freaking huge!


While I was in pit 1, I decided that i really wanted to get some random tourists in my pictures.  This very nice english woman was more than happy to oblige me but her son was having none of it.  She did laugh at me though, she told me it was usually the asian men that asked for pictures of her and her son, hah!

Me and Abby

I am stoked that we got to see the terracotta warriors! so good!

Xi'an train station
This little boy was sooo cute. I spent about 10 minutes trying to get him to smile which I succeeded in doing by playing peek-a-boo with him.  His mom was super nice and gave us all some sunflower seeds, yay!
Our sleeper compartment which was an improvement over the sleepers I took while in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment