Sunday, April 26, 2009

English Day!

Pictures from our performance.  The kids loved watching us and thought it was hilarious that we both sang and danced for them.  I unfortunately was not able to capture our group performing the Boot Scootin 'n Boogie but as you can imagine, we put on quite the show.  

I should have def worn more make-up
Our Chinese friends.  Candy, the choreographer of our dance is second from the right.
We love Judy!
The audience
Gwen- luckily she is not in my class because she is nuts!!!! She chases me when I go running on the track and tries to stop me from running.

My students. Even the boys are wearing lipstick, hah!  They sang the Hokey Pokey (sp?) and did a glorious job! 
Tommy
Sadie appears to not be digging her lipstick. Sam is so cute!
I may be trying to put James into my suitcase come June, he's pretty little so it might actually work...
Singing Upside Down.  Fortunately for me (and everyone else), I didn't have to participate, I am such a bad singer.
This is a play the kids put on and it was sooo weird and sooo funny!  It started out with the child stealing and the mom allowing it.  Somehow, it turned out that when the kid got older, he bit off his mom's ear (Mike Tyson style) and then the cops pulled machine guns on him.  The moral of the story was, parents should punish their children while they are little so they don't turn into hardened criminals.
Our Meghan singing "My Heart Will Go On".  They loved it!
These hats were SWEET!
The select group who were privileged enough to wear the white silk pants. We look good!
Arabian/Chinese princess???? I think so
Strike a pose
We thought we'd look good doing this... we thought wrong...

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That was a brutal fable!

    You look like you're having a great time. I hope you're coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your sausage-y peace sign is equivalent to the children's peace signs...classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i was looking at this post again, and it sparked a question in my noggin': "why are all this kids named 'sadie' 'tommy' 'james'?" you're in China right, shouldnt these kids have Chinese names??? just throwing that out there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white silk pants remind me of those pants you bought in India that you wore to Crossroads one night hahaha...

    ReplyDelete