Sunday, April 19, 2009

Food, Food, Food in Xi'an

spicy cucumbers at Mr. Lee's
I bought these from a woman off the street.  I totally thought they were raspberries but they definitely had a large seed in the middle of them.  They were pretty tasty.
tofu with weird stuff on top- kind of gross but kind of good

Ahhhh, schwarma, schwarma, schwarma is so GOOD!!!!
Peanut cookie
We saw these things everywhere and I felt it my duty to try it. In my travel book it's called the "eight treasure pudding" and describes it as a glutinous rice that is steamed and dusted with sesame and peanuts.  The thing wasn't particularly good but globbing a bunch of jelly on it made it taste a little better. 
so happy!

I totally tried the train food and I lived to tell about it

1 comment:

  1. I'm all about street food - Anthony Bourdain is my hero!

    Chinese schwarma - scary!

    ReplyDelete